The International Association of Chemical Power Sources and Equipment for its
Production Manufacturers INTERBAT has been founded by companies from Bulgaria, Germany,
Poland, USSR and Yugoslavia developing, manufacturing and selling all types of power sources,
as well equipment and materials for its production in 1991.
Presently the Association counts 22 companies from Germany, Denmark, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
The main tasks of the Association are:
- Practical assistance the members in production and technical-commercial activity;
- Assistance in production and research-technical co-operation, modernization of production capacities and creation of joint-ventures;
- Activity in the field of environmental matters at battery plants;
- Assistance in works on standardisation and certification of products;
- Works in the field of waste utilization and used power sources;
- Searching of potential partners between INTERBAT members, as well non-members;
- Establishing contacts with suppliers of materials, equipment and components for battery production;
- Organization of co-operation on scientific-research and experimental-design works;
- Information service in the field of competitive scientific-technical developments in products, materials and equipment;
- Organization and holding of exhibitions, presentations, symposiums and conferences on chemical power sources.
The Association consists of three sections:
- Lead chemical power sources;
- Alkaline chemical power sources;
- Primary and small sized secondary chemical power sources.
The supreme organ of the Association is the General Annual Meeting of Members. The General Meeting takes place not less as once per year, the sections hold their meetings 1-2 times per year.
The executive organ of the Association is the Executive Direction located in Moscow, Russia.
The International Association is a non-profit organization opened for all those wishing.